Everything you need to know about PHP
The PHP Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a programming language that allows web developers to create dynamic content that interacts with databases. It’s a pretty widely used language and can be embedded into HTML, which is the big draw for anyone interested in web development. Where HTML can be long, with lots of commands, PHP pages contain HTML with embedded code, making it much easier to manage. It’s not actually as complicated as it seems though – if you have a basic understanding of HTML, PHP is going to be pretty easy to learn. It allows you to collect, process and utilize data to create output – basically it allows you to interact with all your pages.
Characteristics of PHP
Five important characteristics make PHP’s practical nature possible −
Why use PHP?
You have obviously heard of a number of programming languages out there; you may be wondering why we would want to use PHP as our poison for the web programming. Below are some of the compelling reasons.
- PHP is open source and free.
- Short learning curve compared to other languages such as JSP, ASP etc.
- Large community document
- Most web hosting servers support PHP by default unlike other languages such as ASP that need IIS. This makes PHP a cost effective choice.
- PHP is regular updated to keep abreast with the latest technology trends.
- Other benefit that you get with PHP is that it’s a server side scripting language; this means you only need to install it on the server and client computers requesting for resources from the server do not need to have PHP installed; only a web browser would be enough.
- PHP has in built support for working hand in hand with MySQL; this doesn’t mean you can’t use PHP with other database management systems. You can still use PHP with
Postgres, Oracle, MS SQL Server, ODBC etc
- PHP Development Company is cross platform; this means you can deploy your application on a number of different operating systems such as windows, Linux, Mac OS etc.
Applications of PHP
As mentioned before, PHP is one of the most widely used language over the web:
- PHP performs system functions, i.e. from files on a system it can create, open, read, write, and close them.
- PHP can handle forms, i.e. gather data from files, save data to a file, through email you can send data, return data to the user.
- You add, delete, modify elements within your database through PHP.
- Access cookies variables and set cookies.
- Using PHP, you can restrict users to access some pages of your website.
- It can encrypt data.
Sakshem IT Solution- a website development company prefers to choose the latest and best technology for serving its customers. Therefore, at present we have several business applications of our clients running on this PHP technology. Various websites and applications such as Ecommerce Portal, Timesheet Tool, Helpdesk Software, Project Management System and a lot more.
The top most renowned applications amongst these are the: