Web development refers to the creation of dynamic and fully-featured web applications and sites using a multitude of programming languages and tools. Designers have started creating sites as art, sites as interactive projects, and sites that simply exist for play and delight. This harkens back to the beginning of the web when designers found ways to show off new techniques or create websites for their own sake.
What is web development and what stages of work does it involve?
Web development is a defined procedure in the IT field that focuses on the creation of websites and applications. It includes the following steps:
the layout of service pages;
programming on the client’s server or third-party version;
These are just general concepts from which a more in-depth model of work can be distinguished. It will consist of a series of steps that are applied by all website development specialists:
- design of the site itself and preparation of technical specifications;
- selection of the concept, taking into account the customer’s requirements and subject matter;
- design development;
- creation of a preliminary layout of pages;
- production of multimedia elements;
- development and implementation of software and integration of tools into the existing management system;
- placement and optimization of the page for its purpose;
- adding text and graphic content;
- testing and correcting errors if necessary;
- launching the project on public platforms on the Internet;
- carrying out further work on filling and maintaining the site in working order.
Discover the top web development trends that will dominate the web development industry this year:
- AI Chatbots- Artificial Intelligence (AI) refers to the intelligence displayed by machines. It is primarily used to replace human intelligence. As the demand for AI-powered automation, communication, and analytics solutions will rise this year, more web developers will be focusing on building AI-based chatbots and virtual assistant apps.
- Voice search- We experience the beginning of the voice search era, where the smartphone is already equipped with a digital voice assistant. It comes with smart speakers that power AI along with gaining popularity. The main reason behind the voice interface is the ease of use and affordability. We don’t have to learn communication as it can be learnt through a voice interface. While digital voice assistants are a commonly known feature that smart devices use. The report also says that nearly 37% have started using voice assistants.
- Server less Architecture- Server less architecture is already dominating the industry as the fastest-growing cloud computing paradigm. Using this model, developers can focus on the code instead of the infrastructure provisioning, scaling, and maintenance. Thus, applications built on server less models can be deployed within a few hours. Amazon and Netflix are two of the best examples who have earned the most profits after adopting this architecture. Microsoft Azure, IBM OpenWhisk, AWS Lambda, and Google Cloud Functions are a few of the reliable names that provide serverless services.
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA)- Progressive web app development allows you to view the application on both desktop and mobile devices using a standards-compliant browser. PWA is intended to adapt according to the platform. These types of applications are developed using well-known web technologies, such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScrip, making them a more convenient web trend in 2022. Big industry names like Pinterest, Instagram, Uber, or MakeMyTrip are some familiar names that use this tech to increase their user base.
- Mobile-Friendly Website- Mobile-responsive sites are the ones that are designed to work smoothly across devices of all sizes. Owing to Google’s mobile-first index and other search guidelines, developers will keep offering mobile-optimized sites this year and beyond.
If you have decided to update your web product for 2022, it’s good to start working on it from now. Use the above modern web development trend and think about which one better suits your needs.