Meaning Of AWS
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. These services include computing, storage, networking, database, analytics, application services, deployment, management, machine learning,mobile, developer tools, and tools for the Internet of Things. The most popular include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Connect, and AWS Lambda (a serverless function enabling serverless ETL e.g. between instances of EC2 & S3).Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
What Is Cloud Computing With AWS ?
Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of IT resources over the Internet with pay-as-you-go pricing. Instead of buying, owning, and maintaining physical data centers and servers, you can access technology services, such as computing power, storage, and databases, on an as-needed basis from a cloud provider like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Containers on AWS
AWS is the #1 place for you to run containers and 80% of all containers in the cloud run on AWS. Customers such as Samsung, Expedia, GoDaddy, and Snap choose to run their containers on AWS because of our security, reliability, and scalability.
The Reasons Why Containers of AWS are mostly preferred are:-
- Secure – AWS offers 210 security, compliance, and governance services and key features which is about 40 more than the next largest cloud provider. AWS provides strong security isolation between your containers, ensures you are running the latest security updates, and gives you the ability to set granular access permissions for every container.
- Reliable – AWS container services run on the best global infrastructure with 77 Availability Zones (AZ) across 24 Regions. AWS provides >2x more regions with multiple availability zones than the next largest cloud provider (24 vs. 8). There are SLAs for all our container services (Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, and AWS Fargate) giving you ease of mind.
- Choice – AWS container services offer the broadest choice of services to run your containers. You can choose AWS Fargate if you want serverless compute for containers and Amazon EC2 if you need control over the installation, configuration, and management of your compute environment. You can also choose which container orchestrator to use: Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) or Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS).
- Deeply integrated with AWS – AWS container services are deeply integrated with AWS by design. This allows your container applications to leverage the breadth and depth of the AWS cloud from networking, security, to monitoring. AWS combines the agility of containers with the elasticity and security of the cloud.
AWS Marketplace is a curated digital catalog that makes it easy for organizations to discover, procure, entitle, provision, and govern third-party software. You can find thousands of software listings from popular categories like security, business applications, and data & analytics, and across specific industries, such as healthcare, financial services, and public sector. You can also explore and buy professional services to configure, deploy, and manage your third-party software. With AWS Marketplace, you can shorten procurement times, implement the controls you need to operate with confidence, and enable your organization to unlock innovation.
AWS Believes In Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
AWS Believes that technology should be built in a way that’s inclusive, diverse, and equitable. They are committed to putting in the work for more equal representation. Because it’s only when barriers are broken and more seats are pulled up to the table, that we can truly build for everyone.
- An inclusive culture from Day One – Affinity Groups
- The AWS Inclusion Ambassadors Program – Developed as a way to quickly and broadly amplify the inclusion and diversity work being done at AWS
- Changing the status quo for our customers
- Cultivating tech skills in our communities.
- Recruitment that goes further – To find the best talent, AWS actively partners with organizations and academic institutions that reach underrepresented communities around the world. Under this they run :-
- Minority-Serving Institutions
- Return-to-Work Programs
- Return-to-Work Programs